From the newsletter:
“Alan Guinn, managing director and CEO of The Guinn Consultancy Group, works with employers every day. He recommends that recruiters listen for these 10 questions from job applicants to see if they’ve done their homework and truly want the position (Excerpted from Career Builder.com, article by Justin Thompson):
1. I’ve been told that I work very well as a team member. What are some of the ways your company encourages teamwork?
2. We all know how important job satisfaction is to everyone. I want to be happy in any role. Is the company committed to promotion from within, whenever possible?
3. I love your published mission and values. How are these reflected in day-to-day life at the company? Can you share some examples with me?
4. If your son, daughter or a friend was looking for a job, would you recommend working for this company? Why?
5. What do you think distinguishes this company from its competitors, both from a public and employee perspective?
6. How often do you speak with your C-level officers? When you do, what do they normally ask you? Do they ask for your opinion?
7. How does the company demonstrate a sense of pride in its employees? Can you help me understand what it looks for in return?
8. Are there paid, ongoing learning opportunities offered at my level of job responsibility? What obligations do I have if I elect to take advantage of them?
9. What does the company expect in the way of personal and professional growth for a person hired into this position?
10. Does the company value a difference in work and personal time, or does it blur the responsibilities between the two?
If you want to subscribe to these weekly updates, contact Career Services to find out how.